This website uses cookies primarily for visitor analytics. Certain pages will ask you to fill in contact details to receive additional information. On these pages you have the option of having the site log your details for future visits. Indicating you want the site to remember your details will place a cookie on your device. To view our full cookie policy, please click here. You can also view it at any time by going to our Contact Us page.

BROWSE PRODUCTS
 

Blaze sparked by electrical fault resulting from theft of copper wire

Firefighters have released astonishing footage of a massive explosion which destroyed a row of houses - just seconds after residents had been evacuated, the Daily Mail has reported. The blast, which happened just yards from a group of firemen, was caused by an electrical fault resulting from the theft of copper wire. One resident called the fire service to the scene in Castleford, West Yorkshire.

'Instead, they lost their homes and possessions rather than their lives. If people continue to tamper with equipment on the electricity network, it is only a matter of time before more people die.'


A spokesman for the West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said: 'If the house had exploded only seconds earlier, there is no doubt in my mind that it would have killed or seriously injured the occupants and the firefighters who were risking their lives to rescue them. We can’t stress enough how devastating this could have been.

A local man has now been arrested on suspicion of stealing the cable.


More information...

Contact Details and Archive...

Related Articles...

Most Viewed Articles...

Print this page | E-mail this page

 
Electrical Products